This Best Ever One Pot Beef Stew recipe is a deliciously smooth classic red meat stew recipe that slow cooks to perfection at the range top and in the oven. It’s comfort meals at its greatest and it’s extraordinarily flavourful – best for a chilly day!
I don’t recognise about you, however for me there’s almost no meal extra warm and comforting than a heaping bowl of this Best Ever One Pot Beef Stew and a slice of crust bread on a cold, wintery day. It’s definitely comfort meals at its greatest – easy, primary components coming together with masses of affection to create a first-rate flavourful dish. Is there anything better?
It just doesn’t get any greater primary than this Best Ever One Pot Beef Stew – juicy pieces of clean beef browned to perfection, and delicious aromatic veggies within the first-class gravy-like sauce regarded to humankind. I know, I’m being a touch dramatic here, however there’s simply some thing approximately a sluggish cooked meal which can’t be beat.
And no, I’m no longer speaking approximately an actual sluggish cooker (Crock Pot-fashion) – I’m speaking that style of cooking wherein you take the time to execute those more steps like browning the red meat until it caramelizes and deglazing the pan with the great purple wine you may get hold of, simply so you can revel in the flavor payoff. And I’m here to inform you, it’s SO worth it.
Now because this recipe takes simply a piece extra attempt than your traditional “gradual cooker” recipe, it’s was a weekend meal for our family, or one that I make when I recognise I even have the afternoon at domestic and may babysit this stew only a little bit. Don’t get me incorrect – that is clearly NOT a complicated dish in any respect, it’s just that given the tiniest little bit of interest, it may move from simply your ordinary vintage red meat stew to 1 so that it will knock your socks off. I promise.
If you’re one of these folks who loves making home made soup inside the fall and winter seasons (like me!), then one of the high-quality investments you may ever make to your kitchen is a amazing solid iron Dutch Oven pot. Mine is a complete splendor from Le Creuset (affiliate link) and I use it at the least weekly at some stage in the year for soups, stews, sauces, curries, and even for baking bread (in case you need my Dutch Oven Crusty Bread recipe, locate it HERE!). A pot like this one is clearly a economic funding, however considering how much I use mine and considering its excessive fine, it’s without a doubt a worthy funding. I’ve extensively utilized similar cast iron pots from other brands, like THIS ONE from KitchenAid and THIS ONE from Lodge Cast Iron (each associate links) in case you’re searching out some thing a bit less pricey but nonetheless excessive best. I don’t own a ton of kitchen products (we strive to live as minimally as feasible), however the ones I do personal I love and use. A lot. Just ask my husband (insert winking emoji right here) – if our house turned into on hearth you’d better trust I’d be grabbing my Le Creuset Dutch Oven pot on the way out!!
3 medium carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup red wine
2 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup tomato sauce
3 cups low sodium beef stock
5 medium white potatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds stewing beef
salt and pepper (to taste)
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 cup frozen green beans (optional)
fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 325 levels Fahrenheit.
- Place a big Dutch Oven pot over medium-high warmness and warm the olive oil in it.
- Season the red meat with salt and pepper and upload to the hot pot, in order that the beef covers the bottom of the pot (Don’t overcrowd as this will prevent the browning procedure. Brown the beef in batches if essential.).
- Brown the pork portions on every side just till they may be beautifully caramelized, sprinkling the flour over the red meat as it browns, about 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Remove the pork from the pot to a plate after it has browned (do not worry approximately cooking it via at this factor!) and add the thyme, smoked paprika, onions, garlic, carrots and celery to the pot.
- Stir the vegetables round to catch all the drippings left within the pot from the beef and add the beef lower back into the pot after the onions are almost translucent.
- Add the pink wine, the Worcestershire Sauce, and the tomato paste. Give the entirety an amazing stir and allow the liquid prepare dinner down (it is crucial to allow the wine cook dinner off for an awesome 4-five mins before including the other liquid).
- Once the wine liquid has reduced for numerous minutes and it has thickened, upload the tomato sauce, the pork stock and the potatoes.
- Give everything an excellent stir, scraping any bits off the lowest of the pot.
- Make sure the potatoes are properly nestled into the liquid and upload the lid to the pot. Place the pot inside the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately three to a few and a 1/2 hours.
- Every hour or so, lift the lid of the pot and give the whole lot a brief stir.
- If you’d like to add the frozen inexperienced beans (they are totally optional and I most effective add them about 50% of the times I make this dish), stir them in during the last 30 minutes of cooking so that they don’t get soggy.
- You’ll realize the stew is completed after the allocated time has surpassed and the pork portions crumble when you touch them with a fork.
- Serve in deep bowls with a piece of crusty bread for dipping, and a sprinkling of fresh parsley for garnish (if favored).