Learn the way to make Crab Legs four clean ways; from the Instant Pot to steaming, baking and grilling. We love to serve crab meat with this splendid garlic lemon butter which tastes restaurant-high-quality.
Home cooked crab legs couldn’t get any less complicated so that you can revel in a crab feast at home for plenty less than you will pay to dine out. Watch the video academic beneath and you may crave it till you’re making it.
Pro Tips for Success:
- Avoid Boiling: We don’t love the boiled crab technique because you come to be with a watery mess while you crack the legs open and boiling in water tends to dilute the crab meat taste.
- Cook Until Steaming and Fragrant: In every approach, the crab legs are executed when they’re uniformly steaming and aromatic. If you don’t see hot steam coming off of them, you haven’t cooked them long enough.
- Use a Crab Cracker or a nutcracker. The shells can be tough and sharp, mainly on the claw. You also can use top kitchen shears if you don’t have a crab cracker.
- Serve Hot or Cold: the juicy meat is just as tasty bloodless or warm so don’t fear about serving them still hot.
What You Will Need to Cook Crab:
2 lbs snow crab legs (4 clusters)
1 cup water (for Instant pot or steaming methods)
Ingredients for Crab Dipping Sauce:
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
How to Make Crab Dipping Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan melt 4 Tbsp butter and upload 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/eight tsp black pepper. Stir 30 seconds until aromatic then cast off from heat. Off the heat, squeeze in half Tbsp lemon juice. Divide between ramekins to serve.
Instant Pot Crab Legs:
- Place a trivet in a 6 qt Instant Pot and add 1 cup water. Add 3-four clusters of fresh or frozen crab legs in line with batch folding the legs to healthy greater in (thawed are simpler to fit than frozen).
- Close the lid, set vent to sealing position and cook dinner on guide excessive stress four mins then transfer vent to venting function and do a short launch* of closing pressure.
Steamed Cook Crab Legs:
- Place wire rack or basket at the lowest of a massive stockpot. Add 1 cup of water. Place crab legs over the rack (as many as your pot will accommodate). Bring the water to a boil then cowl and steam prepare dinner until aromatic and steaming hot (5-10 mins). Frozen crab legs will take longer, thawed crab legs prepare dinner quicker).
Grilled Crab Legs:
- Using heavy-obligation aluminum foil, create a foil percent with 4 clusters of crab legs. Using a protracted sheet of foil with the crab legs within the center, carry the two ends together and fold them together two times. Fold the opposite ends together twice to seal the foil packet. Do not upload water on account that it will steam prepare dinner with the herbal moisture from the crab legs.
- Grill over medium/excessive warmness at 450˚F for 15 mins if frozen or 10 minutes if thawed. Crab legs are prepared when you see steaming as you open the foil percent.
Oven-Baked Crab Legs:
- Create the equal foil percent of four crab leg clusters. Place on a baking sheet and onto the center rack of a preheated oven at 450˚F for 25 minutes if frozen or 15 minutes if thawed. The crab legs are equipped while you open the foil % and they’re steaming.