French Onion Salisbury Steak is a delicious take on a classic dinner recipe! This comfort meals is so smooth to make and has the most tremendous savory gravy!
This one is a true traditional, a formative years fave, at least for those folks that grew up inside the mid-west and love our consolation meals all fall/winter long! I’ve visible it known as Salisbury steak, hamburger steak, and chopped steak. But, it’s basically the same element! Ground red meat gets combined with eggs, breadcrumbs, seasonings and then seared in a skillet and smothered in brown gravy! Either manner, I have already got a delectable Chopped Steak recipe on my blog and I knew I wanted to do every other version however, mix matters up a piece. Since all people loves our French Onion Beef and Noodles so very a great deal, I notion it would be exceptional to do a form of french onion burger patty. I turned into proper, the french onion gravy is just so mouthwatering, after which of route topping them off with cheese by no means hurts anything either.
MAKING FRENCH ONION SALISBURY STEAK:
- This recipe comes together in about half-hour. First things first, melt the butter in a large skillet and add on your onions at the side of some Worcestershire and a little of your pork broth. The onions will cook dinner, you could stir now and again, for approximately 6-eight minutes until they’re first-class and golden.
- I like to make my patties even as the onions are cooking. Mix up your ground beef, egg, seasonings, and breadcrumbs in a big bowl. Roll the beef into 5 balls, then shape them into patties and set them apart on a plate.
- When the onions golden, depart them within the pan and simply form of scoot them round to make room for the patties. Get the pork in there and sear for four minutes on each facet till beginning to brown, then remove them onto a smooth plate.
- Now give the onions a stir and sprinkle over the flour. Keep stirring for pretty much one minute to prepare dinner the flour. Then you could slowly pour on your beef broth while using a wood spoon to scrape up any bits on the lowest of the pan. You’ll best need to take 1-2 mins to do this element, the gravy will hold to thicken whilst simmering with the beef.
- Reduce the warmth in your stove to medium-low, scoot the onions around and upload the patties again to the pan. Now, you’ll top each with a slice of cheese and the parmesan. The parmesan is elective, and you could use mozzarella, gouda, or white cheddar in region of the provolone if favored. Cover your pan and simmer for 6-8 mins until your patties are cooked thru.
▢1 ½ Pounds Lean Ground Beef
▢⅓ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
▢2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
▢2 teaspoons garlic powder
▢Salt & Pepper, To Taste
▢⅓ Cup Flour
▢8 Slices Provolone Cheese
▢5 Tablespoons Butter
▢2 Medium Yellow Onions, Thinly Sliced
▢1 Large Egg
▢2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce Divided
▢2 ¼ Cups Beef Broth, Divided
▢½ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Melt the butter in a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the sliced onions, one Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, and ¼ cup of the red meat broth to the skillet and stir to coat the onions.
- Continue cooking the onions, stirring once in a while for six-7 minutes till gentle and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a big bowl upload the ground red meat, egg, 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Use your fingers or a large spoon to gently blend the pork aggregate till everything is properly mixed.
- Form the pork aggregate into 5 even balls, then flatten into patties, set aside on a plate or slicing board.
- Once the onions have softened, scoot them to the aspect and upload the patties to the pan.
- Fry the patties for 4 mins in step with aspect, then, eliminate to a plate.
- Stir the onions around inside the pan, then sprinkle the flour over the onions and cook dinner, stirring constantly for one minute.
- Slowly pour the last beef broth into the skillet, stirring constantly and scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the warmth to medium-low, and add the patties again to the pan.
- Top each patty frivolously with the cheese. Cover the skillet and simmer for six-eight extra minutes until cheese is melted, gravy is thickened, and the meat is cooked via.