This clean Mongolian Beef recipe is better than take-out and may be made in just 30 minutes! Tender red meat and clean green onions in an exceptional garlic and ginger asian sauce, served over hot cooked rice.
I’m simply patting my personal lower back over right here for some other KILLER take-out recipe that you can make at home with easy substances, and it’s just as delicious as you’d order in a Chinese eating place! I also love knowing wherein my ingredients came from, and everything tastes so clean and delicious!
This selfmade Mongolian beef is so pretty flavorful, made with thinly sliced beef cooked with onions (or different greens) in a barely thickened soy and brown sugar based totally sauce and served over rice. It’s a popular dish in lots of Chinese eating places., with the crispy beef and delicious sauce. I realize you’re going to love it!
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
Better than take-out. Every time I make this dish, my husband praises it with each single chunk he’s taking. No want to tour to P.F. Chang’s for our favourite dish–this Mongolian Beef recipe is critically just as delicious and handiest takes 30-minutes to make.
Simple components. Also, test out the ingredients listing. They’re probably all spices you have to your pantry!
30 minute meal. Prep it in 15 mins, prepare dinner it in 15 minutes, and you’re your families hero for the day.
HOW TO MAKE MONGOLIAN BEEF IN 5 STEPS:
- Prep the flank steak. First slice it into 1/four” thin (or thinner) slices, across the grain of the beef. Then lay the slices across a huge baking sheet or your cutting board, and toss them on all sides with the 1/three cup cornstarch.
- Cook the steak. Place 1 tablespoon oil in a big pan or wok over medium-excessive heat. Cook the red meat in small batches, just till browned on each facets, flipping once, approximately 30-seconds on each side. Remove the beef to a plate.
- Make the sauce. In a small bowl whisk collectively the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and cornstarch slurry. In the identical massive pan you used to prepare dinner the beef, upload the ginger and garlic and sauté for 20 seconds. Add sauce and simmer, cooking till slightly thickened.
- Combine and serve over rice. Return pork to the pan with the sauce and toss to mix. Cook for 1-2 greater minutes till warmed via. Add green onions. Serve warm, over hot cooked rice
A FEW TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
Cut flank steak thinly, towards the grain. Notice the directional strains within the meat grain and slice perpendicular to them. This will assist ensure the pork is soft. If you narrow along the grain then the meat could be more difficult and chewier to eat. Also, the thinner the slices, the higher.
Use low sodium soy sauce. This will keep the sauce from tasting overly salty.
Cook beef in smaller batches. You don’t want to crowd the pan due to the fact that forestalls you from getting a nice brown sear on the meat.
Add broccoli (I like to steam my broccoli with the rice because it finishes cooking).
Serve over brown rice or fried rice or in a lettuce cup.
Make it vegetarian/vegan. Use the equal recipe and guidelines, simply substitute tofu!
▢1/2 cup light brown sugar , packed
▢2 tsp cornstarch + 2 tsp water mixed together to make a “slurry”
▢1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
▢4 cloves garlic , minced
▢1 bunch green onion , chopped
▢1 pound flank steak , sliced very thinly, across the grain
▢1/3 cup cornstarch
▢2-4 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or canola oil)
▢1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
▢1/4 cup water
▢hot cooked rice for serving
- Slice the flank steak into 1/4” skinny (or thinner) slices, across the grain of the beef.
- Lay the slices across a huge baking sheet or your cutting board, and toss them on all aspects with the 1/3 cup cornstarch.
- Place 1 tablespoon oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high warmth. Cook the beef in small batches, just till browned on each facets, flipping once, about 30-seconds on every facet. (Our purpose with the very warm pan is to sear/brown the beef on both sides without cooking it all the manner through.)
- Remove the red meat to a plate. Add greater oil to the pan, if wanted, at the same time as cooking the beef.
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and cornstarch slurry.
- In the identical huge pan you used to cook the beef, turn the warmth to medium, add the ginger and garlic and sauté for 20 seconds.
- Add sauce combination and convey to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 2 mins.
- Return beef to the pan with the sauce and toss to mix. Cook for 1-2 extra mins till warmed through.
- Add green onions. Serve warm, over warm cooked rice