Easy, tasty shrimp boil foil packs baked or grilled with summer vegetables, homemade seasoning, clean lemon, and brown butter sauce. The BEST and simplest manner to make shrimp boil at home!
HOW DO YOU MAKE SHRIMP BOIL FOIL PACKS?
This reputedly difficult dish is wonderful easy to make, and is aided by smooth smooth-up via the foil — just toss collectively and toss the foil manner when you’re completed.
First, you’ll want to cook the potatoes and corn for just a piece to offer them a touch head begin before adding the shrimp, because the shrimp chefs so speedy. Once the corn is husked, reduce it into thirds, then reduce every third in 1/2 lengthwise. Chop potatoes into 2-inch pieces. Boil corn and potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Next, in a large bowl integrate shrimp, sausage, corn, and potatoes. In a small dish, stir collectively the melted 3 tablespoons butter, Old Bay seasoning, garlic, juice from half a lemon, and salt and pepper to taste and then pour the combination over shrimp, sausage, and veggies. Stir to coat.
Put 4 12×12 inch sheets of aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Divide the shrimp combination up frivolously some of the 4 pieces of foil, folding up the edges of foil across the meals to create a closed packet.
Cook the packets on a preheated grill over medium-excessive warmness for 8-10 minutes on one facet, then flip and cook dinner some other 5-6 mins on the second one aspect. Or, if you don’t want to grill them, you may bake the packets inside the oven at four hundred ranges for 15-20 mins till corn is gentle and shrimp are purple and absolutely cooked.
While the packets are cooking, move in advance and soften last butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once it’s melted, maintain stirring lightly over medium heat for three-four mins longer till colour changes from pale yellow to a golden amber (however be cautious to watch it prepare dinner slowly in order that it doesn’t burn).
Pull the cooked packets off the grill or take them out of the oven and open them up. Serve the shrimp boil packs crowned with chopped parsley, lemon wedges for squeezing, and browned butter for drizzling over the top or dipping. Dig in!
HOW DO YOU MAKE A FOIL PACK?
Cut off a big piece of foil — about 12×12-inches will do. I like to apply a thicker foil for grilling to make sure it doesn’t rip.
Depending on what I’m grilling, I’ll also add a spritz of cooking spray or rub the bottom of the foil packet with a bit butter or oil. These won’t stick as there is plenty of butter in them already.
I pull up the outside edges of the foil to make a bowl of kinds (don’t worry, it doesn’t should appearance good, it’s simply to maintain the liquid from spilling out). Spoon your ingredients into the foil packet/bowl, being careful not to overstuff. You’ll still want to fold up all the edges from there.
I take two sides of the foil and meet them in the middle, turning them down a chunk to seal within the pinnacle, then I fold in the edges to seal the opposite sides. That’s it! It doesn’t must be fancy or look perfect in any respect — you simply need them with a view to prepare dinner/steam in the packet and additionally hold all of the juices from running out.
▢3 tablespoons old bay seasoning OR homemade seasoning (see note)
▢salt and pepper, to taste
▢1 tablespoon minced garlic
▢juice of 1/2 lemon, plus lemon wedges for serving
▢3 tablespoons butter melted + 1/2 cup, divided
▢1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
▢2 ears of corn on the cob, husked
▢1/2 pound andouille sausage
▢1 pound baby red potatoes OR baby yellow potatoes
▢chopped fresh parsley, for topping
- Serve shrimp boil packs topped with chopped parsley, lemon wedges for squeezing, and browned butter for drizzling over the top or dipping.
- Chop corn into thirds, then chop each 1/3 in half lengthwise. Chop potatoes into 2 inch portions. Boil corn and potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain and set apart.
- In a large bowl integrate shrimp, sausage, corn, and potatoes. Stir together melted three tablespoons butter, Old Bay seasoning, garlic, juice from 1/2 a lemon, and salt and pepper to taste and pour over shrimp, sausage, and veggies. Stir to coat.
- Divide among four 12×12 inch sheets of aluminum foil. Fold edges of foil up across the meals to create a closed packet.
- Cook on preheated grill over medium-excessive warmness for eight-10 mins on one aspect, then turn and cook another 5-6 minutes on the second one facet. Alternately, you could bake the packets at four hundred degrees for 15-20 mins till corn is gentle and shrimp are crimson and completely cooked.
- While packets are cooking, soften ultimate butter in a medium sauce pan over medium-excessive warmness. Once melted, maintain to stir lightly over medium warmness for 3-4 mins longer until shade changes from faded yellow to a golden amber (however be careful no longer to burn it).