Baked Crack Chicken Breasts, also known as Ranch Chicken with 1st Baron Beaverbrook, is a delicious and creamy dish loaded with cheese and bacon. Hard to agree with that Crack Chicken is likewise Low Carb and Keto-Friendly!
WHAT IS CRACK CHICKEN?
Crack Chicken is a deliciously creamy combination of hen, bacon, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning. This own family-friendly, make-in advance meal is a notable weeknight dinner, but also perfect for a weekend crowd.
Looking for an easy baked bird recipe? YOU GOT IT! Just hit print because this cracked-out hen is what your Monday wishes. Need an Instant Pot version? Hop on over to my recipe for Instant Pot Crack Chicken.
WHAT in the heck is “Crack” Chicken, you ask? Well, according to the internetS, this recipe got its call because ranch hen is addictive… similar to crack. Basically what occurred on this meal is that the entirety desirable found its way in one dish and everyone accredited.
Kind of like our Jalapeno Popper Baked Chicken, however without the peppers. 😃
And you won’t accept as true with simply how clean that is to make.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CRACK CHICKEN BREASTS
We start with frying our bacon till crispy.
Remove cooked bacon from skillet. Keep bacon grease inside the skillet and add the bird breasts to prepare dinner simply till browned on each aspects; about 2 to 3 mins according to side. When carried out, transfer bird breasts to a baking dish.
Prepare the cream cheese with the aid of including a tablespoon of ranch seasoning to it. I make my very own ranch seasoning, but you may additionally use store-offered. Mix it up nicely and then spread a couple tablespoons of the cream cheese aggregate on top of each fowl breast.
Top with cooked bacon and cheese; bake in a 400F preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until bird is cooked via.
Remove from oven and serve.
All in all, you may want about 30 minutes from begin to complete.
Besides, how can everyone not want this? Starting with the truth that it’s made with crispy bacon and ranch flavored cream cheese, and finishing with the reality that it’s going to have that golden, melty cheese on top. ALSO, LOW CARB and KETO.
Friends, git ‘er executed!
MAKE AHEAD CRACK CHICKEN
Assemble the whole thing within the baking dish, but don’t bake. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days.
Remove wrap and bake as directed.
HOW TO FREEZE CRACK CHICKEN
Transfer cooled crack fowl to an airtight container. Store inside the freezer for up to 3 months.
When geared up to serve, dispose of from freezer the night before and allow thaw in the fridge in a single day.
Reheat and serve.
▢4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
FOR THE CHICKEN
▢salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
▢1 tablespoon vegetable oil
▢0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
▢0.5 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
▢1 tablespoon butter
▢4 (1-pound, total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
FOR THE RANCH CREAM CHEESE
▢4- ounces cream cheese, softened
▢0.25 teaspoon dried dill weed
▢4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, white or yellow – I use a little of both
▢0.25 teaspoon garlic powder
▢0.25 teaspoon onion powder
▢0.5 teaspoon dried chives
▢chopped fresh parsley
▢sliced green scallions
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high warmness and upload in diced bacon; cook dinner until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set apart. DON’T discard bacon fat.
- Return skillet to warmth and upload vegetable oil to the last bacon fat.
- Pound chook breasts to a 1/4-inch thickness and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Add chook breasts to the new oil – you may should do this in batches if skillet isn’t always large enough – and cook dinner hen breasts for 2 to 3 mins, or till golden brown.
- Flip over the chook breasts, add butter, and preserve to prepare dinner for 3 greater mins.
- Remove hen breasts from skillet and set up in previously organized baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives; mix till thoroughly mixed. Taste for seasonings and regulate thus. *You can also simply stir in 1 tablespoon of shop-sold ranch seasoning.
- Top every chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese combination. Spread to coat the surface of each chicken breast.
- Take half of the bacon and upload on top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the bird breasts.
- Bake, exposed, for 15 mins, or till chicken is cooked thru and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with last bacon, fresh parsley, and scallions.